SJC Partners is currently working closely with a FTSE250 business as it looks to recruit for a unique Investment role within it's front office function. The business has won numerous awards, is highly acquisitive (both in the UK and Europe) and transacts on some of the most high profile transactions in the market.
The successful individual will work in the Investment team, supporting the Director of Analytics and Performance and CIO across several areas, including:
• The production of business cases to support purchasing decisions through the application of forecasting models.
• The presentation of those business cases to the Investment Committee.
• The day-to-day management of a portfolio transaction process
• On-site due diligence on potential investment opportunities.
• Post-acquisition, early review and analysis of actual performance vs. forecast.
• Developing external relationships with the top tier Credit Funds such as KKR, Blackstone, Carval
• Ad-hoc international travel to core investment geographies
• Managing Senior Investment Analyst direct reports.
The ideal candidate will have Financial services exposure however this is not a pre-requisite, have ownership of end to end process for a number of transactions with an ability to oversee a number of transactions simultaneously and have the ability to prepare investment papers. The successful candidate will also have the confidence and knowledge to handle calls with senior stakeholders and possess strong people Management skills to enable effective team management, recruitment activity and coach/mentor skills. A high level of analytical/numerical skills is needed to be able to handle complex financial information and an understanding of legal aspects, risk & governance frameworks for transactions is also required.
This is an unrivalled opportunity for an individual to develop a career in investing.
Only applicants with a suitable amount of UK based experience and who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.