SJC Partners have been retained on behalf of a high growth and entrepreneurial professional services firm in Manchester who are looking for someone to take responsibility for the firm's audit and assurance assignments and be responsible for the growth of the audit business in the region. Whilst an aptitude and desire to originate are important, expectations on historic and future fee income levels are realistic, the emphasis being on building a business for the long term. There will also be an existing portfolio of audit clients for the individual to take on.
Key responsibilities will include:
• managing key client relationships
• providing support on technical and complex issues
• developing a strong network to support business development
• agreeing/negotiating clients fees per engagement as appropriate
• driving the growth of the business
• identifying and select candidates for recruitment into the business
• providing financial and commercial reporting to the board
Applicants should possess:
• A passion for business development
• Experience of auditing owner managed businesses, whilst not required but desired to have experience of the real estate sector
• Expert understanding of auditing and accounting standards
• Good working knowledge of compliance and regulation
• Confident in dealing with clients at all levels
• Hold a professional qualification (ACA/CA/ACCA) with the minimum requirements for obtaining an audit registration satisfied (you don't have to possess this now)
• Capability in the future to hold RI status and sign off audits reports
This is a rare and unique opportunity which would only be suitable to a dynamic and entrepreneurial candidate. For the successful candidate this would be their business to develop and grow where the successes of the practice will be congruent to the success of the individual.
Only applicants with a suitable amount of UK based experience and who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.